Personal Data Protection Act 2010 Notice
Collection, Recording, Storage and Retention of Personal Information
The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“the Act”) is an Act that is passed by the Malaysian government to regulate the processing of personal data in a commercial transaction. To comply with the Act, Invest Selangor (“we” or “us” or “our”) are required to manage the personal data that we collect from you.
Collection of personal data
We have collected and will collect your personal data to be processed by us and/or on your behalf in the course of your present or future dealings with Invest Selangor Berhad, its subsidiary(ies), its associated company(ies) (“we”, “our”, “us” or “Company”). Your personal data enables us to achieve the “Purpose” herein that is in connection with our business.
Description of personal data
- Identity Card no;
- Email address;
- Mobile phone no.;
- Passport no;
- IP address;
- Images (still/recording)
- Sensitive personal data; and any
- Personally Identifiable Information (PII) defined by international privacy laws or standards
Purposes for collection of personal data
Invest Selangor will collect personal data where it is required for carrying out one or more of its functions or activities. Invest Selangor will collect the personal data only by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. If it is reasonable and practical to do so, Invest Selangor will collect personal data about an individual directly from the individual concerned. Invest Selangor may also collect personal data from a variety of other sources, including without limitation at any events, conferences, seminars, or talks organised or sponsored by Invest Selangor and/or from the cookies used on this website.
The purposes for which your personal data may be used are, but not limited to:
- Personal information to establish your identity and background such as your full name, passport or identity card number, nationality and religion.
- Disclose your Personal Data to the relevant governmental authorities or third parties where required by law or for legal purposes.
- Recording of calls placed by you to our customer services.
- Internal record keeping
- To provide services to you
- To improve our products and services
- To enable you to provide goods or services to Invest Selangor Berhad
- To assess your job application
- To administer your participation in any contest/programme related to the public organised by us
- To conduct internal activities
- To send you festive messages, promotional message and special offers
- To better understand your needs as our customer
- For security and fraud prevention purposes
- For the purposes of statistical analysis of data
- For profiling your preferences
- For finance and marketing activities
- For the purposes of our corporate governance
- For the purposes of our corporate exercises
- To send you event invitations based on selective events
- For the purposes of complying with the Companies Act 2016
- For the purposes of inclusion in media engagements and/or any relevant or related events
- For the purposes of us preparing guest invitations, registration and/or sign-ups for our events
- For the purposes of printed and on-line publications
Sources of personal data
Invest Selangor Berhad may obtain clients’ personal data from the following sources including but not limited to: various on-line forms available during your visits to Invest Selangor’s website, existing guest lists, business cards, guest books and/or any events organised by us and/or any of the Group (as hereinafter defined).
Disclosure of personal data
We may disclose client’s personal data to other subsidiaries within our group. These subsidiaries will treat client’s personal data as confidential, in accordance with this Privacy Notice and with all applicable Data Protection legislation and will process such personal data only for the Purposes and within the terms set out herein. We are responsible for the personal data under our control, including personal data disclosed by us to a Vendor (often referred to as the “data processor”). We take every measure to provide a comparable level of protection for personal data should the information be processed by a Vendor. Invest Selangor Berhad is committed to complying with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010, in particular, its policies as well as corresponding guidelines and orders.
Security of personal data
Invest Selangor Berhad uses strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorized access wherever possible. Personal data provided to Invest Selangor Berhad via our website or via any Applications are protected during transit using encryption such as Transport Layer Security (TLS). When personal data is stored by Invest Selangor Berhad, we use computer systems with limited access housed in facilities using physical security measures. Data stored in cloud services is in encrypted form including when we utilize third-party storage. The level of security of personal data which kept in a non-electronic environment is also treated with strict procedures and means.
The cookies used by the Website are solely associated with anonymous users and their computers and do not provide personal data on users. Some cookies are used by third parties to provide Invest Selangor Berhad with data on the effectiveness of its engagements and promotions. The cookies used by the Website do not collect personal data that could be used to identify a specific user. In addition, cookies are of a temporary nature, used solely to improve the efficiency of the last transmission. Users may configure their browser to notify them of the reception of cookies and to prevent their installation on their computer.
Transfer of Personal Data
We are very serious about providing a comparable level of protection for personal data should the information be processed or used outside Malaysia by our vendors or experts.
Marketing and promotional purposes
Upon subscribing to our services, you will be receiving marketing and/or promotional emails or calls from us, which includes monthly promotions and information on future events. If you do not wish to receive any promotional news or calls please click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email and you will be excluded from our newsletters and contacts.
Please be informed that your personal data may be disclosed, disseminated, and/or transferred to companies within the Invest Selangor Berhad (including the holding company, subsidiaries, associated, related and affiliated companies as well as their subsidiaries, associated and affiliated companies, both local and international), whether present or future or to any third-party organisations or persons for the purpose of fulfilling our obligations to you in respect of the Purposes and all such other purposes that are related to the Purposes and also in providing integrated services, maintaining and storing records.
To this end, we are committed to ensuring the confidentiality, protection, security, and accuracy of your personal data made available to us. It is your obligation to ensure that all personal data submitted to us and retained by us are accurate, not misleading, updated, and complete in all aspects. For the avoidance of doubt, we and/or the Group and/or its employees or authorised officers or agents will not be responsible for any personal data submitted by you to us that is inaccurate, misleading, incomplete, and not updated.
Data subject’s obligations
It is necessary for Invest Selangor Berhad to collect and retain clients’ personal data. Therefore, it is also obligatory for clients to supply personal data to us in the most accurate manner. If clients do not provide us with personal data, Invest Selangor Berhad is unable to process personal data on clients’ behalf, for the Purpose stated in clause 4 herein, or effectively render our services to clients, and all relationships created or to be created between us shall then be terminated and ceased to be in effect immediately.
The rights of data subject
You may submit your request for access to your personal data at any time after the submission of your personal data to us. You can do this by contacting us or writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You require access to and/or wish to make corrections to your personal data subject to compliance of such request for access or correction not being refused under the provisions of the Act and/or existing laws;
- You wish to enquire about your personal data; and
- You are no longer agreeable to us retaining, holding or storing your personal data. However, please note that this may result in us not being able to properly perform or discharge our obligations to you.
We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Notice from time to time without prior notice. We advise that you check our website for this Privacy Notice on a regular basis. Kindly view our privacy notice on the website, www.investselangor.my
Acknowledgement and Consent
By communicating, engaging with Invest Selangor Berhad or using the Company’s products and services, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this Notice and agree and consent to the use, processing, disclosure, and transfer of your personal data by the Invest Selangor Berhad as described in this Notice. Any email Invest Selangor Berhad sends to you will contain an automated unsubscribe link so that you can opt-out of the mailing list.
Inquiries and complaints
Should you require further information about the personal data we hold or the way in which your information is being collected or used, which are not answered by this Privacy Notice, please contact or write to us at: email@example.com.